1. He intends to purchase a house in a non-descript village in the back of beyond.
2. As she hurt her back falling off a horse, she was advised bed rest for a couple of weeks.
3. A true friend never turns his back from you when you need his help.
4. We decided to keep the plan on the back burner due to paucity of funds.
5. She is not the sort to back away from responsibilities.
A true friend never turns his back from you when you need his help.
1. She is forever under the impression that everybody is out to get him.
2. You must get into the habit of maintaining a record of the money spent.
3. He is finding it difficult to get by on his meagre income.
4. He managed to get round his father to give him some extra pocket money.
5. The students were eagerly waiting to get over the exams.
The students were eagerly waiting to get over the exams.
1. Only A and C
2. Only A, B and C
3. Only B and C
4. Only A and D
5. A, B, C, and D
Only A and C
1. saw political merit in following a middle path.
2. associated the concept of compromise with conventional wisdom.
3. supported compromise because it made political sense.
4. held divergent views on the subject of compromise.
5. viewed compromise in favourable light.
viewed compromise in favourable light.
1. throwing their ideologies to the wind
2. compromising on their principles.
3. sticking to their guns.
4. not adopting a conciliatory approach.
5. making an issue over non-issues.
sticking to their guns.
1. Global warming and climate change would have a debilitating impact on the existing water resources affecting millions of people throughout the world.
2. Still our society, the members of which value technology more than the natural resources have turned a blind eye to this diminishing source of life.
3. Needless to say, it is high time to regulate the unrestrained exploitation of ground water and make water conservation a must in all parts of the country.
4. Throughout the country people of different states have devised their own ways for conserving water.
5. Conservation of this important natural resource is not something that requires huge planning or involves staggering costs.
Still our society, the members of which value technology more than the natural resources have turned a blind eye to this diminishing source of life.
1. When the rule of the robes proves a mirage, the rule of robbery gets support and sanction.
2. The dangerous deterioration of democracy into bedlam terrorism is hastened when access to justice ceases to be a reality.
3. The system of justice, justices and justicing must be made truly accessible to the have-nots by means of radical judicial reform.
4. Humanism is what we need if noxious, nascent violence is to surrender to truth.
5. A revolution is necessary and a sense of scientific spirit and reason is needed if the judicature is not to become a caricature.
The system of justice, justices and justicing must be made truly accessible to the have-nots by means of radical judicial reform.
1. Some of us are prone to believing that we keep making the same mistakes because of a personality flaw.
2. Believing that our action was totally reasonable prevents any learning from the mistake.
3. Hence we must avoid such justifications because every mistake provides a learning experience.
4. Mistakes often occur due to the tendency to rush things and the need to conform to a culture that appreciates speed.
5. Though we vow to learn from the mistakes, most of the times we find ourselves making more mistakes or repeating the same ones.
Believing that our action was totally reasonable prevents any learning from the mistake.
1. are not guided by rationale. 2) 3) 4) 5)
2. are not influenced by individual experiences.
3. have more to do with our evolutionary roots.
4. are all of the above.
5. are none of the above.
are none of the above.
1. A fear that is characteristic of the human psyche.
2. A spontaneous defence mechanism which is a legacy of evolution.
3. An instance of heart ruling the head.
4. The emotional instinct of all creatures to protect their offspring.
5. The impulsive nature of all species.
The emotional instinct of all creatures to protect their offspring.