1. It will improve the standard of living of those farmers. who can afford to repay their loans but are exempted.
2. Other government relief measures have proved ineffective.
3. Suicide rates of farmers have declined after the announcement of the waiver.
4. Farmers will be motivated to increase the size of their family holdings not individual holdings.
5. The government will be forced to reexamine and improve the public distribution system.
Other government relief measures have proved ineffective.
1. The government will readily provide them with loans in the future.
2. As opposed to money lenders, banks are a safer and more reliable source of credit.
3. Honesty is the best policy
4. It is beneficial to take loans from co-operatives since their rates of interest are lower.
5. None of these
None of these
1. Families should split and joint holding to take advantage of the loan waiver.
2. The government should increase the reach of the employment guarantee scheme
3. Loans should be disbursed directly into bank accounts of the farmer using the latest technology.
4. Government should ensure that loan waivers can be implemented over a number of years.
5. Rural infrastructure can be improved using schemes which were successful abroad.
Loans should be disbursed directly into bank accounts of the farmer using the latest technology.
1. The percentage of bank loans sanctioned to family owned farms increased
2. The loans benefited dishonest money lenders, not landless labors.
3. Corrupt bank officials were the unintended beneficiaries of the loans.
4. It resulted in the government sanctioning thrice the amount for the current loan waiver.
5. None of these
Corrupt bank officials were the unintended beneficiaries of the loans.