1. Aztec failure to fight an unconventional war led to an unnecessary defeat
2. Spanish victory was neither as impressive nor as surprising as it may first appear
3. Resentment toward the Aztecs led to their demise
4. Herman Cortes masterminded an amazing military accomplishment
5. The myopic vision of the Aztecs led to their unnecessary downfall
Spanish victory was neither as impressive nor as surprising as it may first appear
1. Introduce an enigma; explain the reasons for the enigma; discuss the inevitability of the enigma
2. Define a problem; explain the sources of the problem; offer a solution to the problem
3. Introduce a mystery; offer an explanation for the mystery; provide an alternative explanation for the mystery
4. Pose a question; offer an answer to the question; offer an alternative answer to the question
5. Define a problem; explain the likelihood of the problem; discuss the consequences of the problem
Introduce an enigma; explain the reasons for the enigma; discuss the inevitability of the enigma
1. Advanced crossbows
2. Nimble military force
3. Local Spanish allies
4. Local tribal friction
5. Quick destruction of Aztec walls
Nimble military force
1. Absolutely Inevitable
2. Likely Inevitable
4. Likely Not Inevitable
5. Absolutely Not Inevitable
Likely Not Inevitable
1. Engendered some anger
2. Achieved with a non-traditional military campaign
3. Based upon a technologically outdated military
4. Achieved through alliances
5. Based upon small yet swift and brutal military force
Engendered some anger
1. Utilization of technological supremacy
2. Ability to form a coalition of local tribes to fight the Aztecs
3. The vast quantities of gold and other precious metals obtained in conquest
4. The large disparity in the size of the Aztec and Spanish militaries
The large disparity in the size of the Aztec and Spanish militaries
1. the total ban on CFC’s by 2000 AD
2. The complete phasing out of Halons.
3. Increasing "Eco-system" awareness among the peoples in the European Union
4. all of the above.
The complete phasing out of Halons.
1. increase in the level of Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) in the atmosphere.
2. Increase in the use of Oxides of Nitrogen.
3. Damage caused by humans (viz) construction, waste and fuel spillage
4. Indiscriminate felling of trees
increase in the level of Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) in the atmosphere.