1. North Indian and Western classical music are structurally different.
2. Western music is the intellectual property of the genius while the North Indian raga is the inheritanceof a culture.
3. Creation as well as performance are important in the North Indian classical tradition.
4. North Indian classical music is orally transmitted while Western classical music depends on writtendown notations.
Western music is the intellectual property of the genius while the North Indian raga is the inheritance
of a culture.
1. present, experimental
2. future, popular
3. present, popular
4. market, popular
1. middlemen, rich
2. the government, poor
3. touts, rich
4. touts, poor
1. reconcile, decide
2. understand, clarify
3. make out, decide
4. reconcile, understand
1. escalating, increasing
2. spiralling, booming
3. spiralling, soaring
4. ascending, debilitating
1. style, motif
2. morals, story
3. wealth, theme
4. morals, theme
1. internal conflicts, rather than external conflicts, form an important component of serious literature as distinguished from less serious generes.
2. only juveniles or very few "adults" actually experience external conflict, while internal conflict is more widely prevalent in society.
3. in situations of internal conflict, individuals experience a dilemma in resolving their own preferences for different outcomes.
4. there are no threats to the reader (or viewer) in case of external conflicts.
in situations of internal conflict, individuals experience a dilemma in resolving their own preferences for different outcomes.
1. A statistician's dilemma over choosing the best method to solve an optimisation problem.
2. A chess player's predicament over adopting a defensive strategy against an aggressive opponent.
3. A mountaineer's choice of the best path to Mt. Everest from the base camp.
4. A finance manager's quandary over the best way of raising money from the market.
A chess player's predicament over adopting a defensive strategy against an aggressive opponent.
1. Assuming that the rank order of preferences for options is different for different players.
2. Accepting that the interests of different players are often is conflict.
3. Not assuming that the interests are in complete disagreement.
4. All of the above.
All of the above.
1. scientists study inanimate objects, while detectives deal with living criminals or law offenders.
2. scientists study known objects, while detectives have to deal with unknown criminals or law offenders.
3. scientists study phenomena that are not actively altered, while detectives deal with phenomena that have been deliberately influenced to mislead.
4. scientists study psychologically interesting phenomena, while detectives deal with "adult" analogues of juvenile adventure tales.
scientists study phenomena that are not actively altered, while detectives deal with phenomena that have been deliberately influenced to mislead.